Why Should You Choose To Send Your Student to St. Paul Northville?
1) Our Mission
St. Paul Lutheran School has been providing Christ-centered education for students in Northville, MI for sixty years. We have seen many generations of students become parents and teachers who continue the cycle of teaching new students and making disciples. As it reads on our website, our mission is to help children grow spiritually and academically to become the person into whom God is making them.
Our teachers believe each student is a Child of God gifted with the potential to achieve success.
Teachers at St Paul are dedicated to developing the whole student to become an independent learner We are committed to helping children develop their full potential as God's creation as we:
- TEACH children to serve God and others.
- EQUIP children with knowledge and skills for living.
- ACKNOWLEDGE each child's uniqueness.
- CREATE an active, Christ-centered learning environment.
- HONOR GOD through active church participation.
2) Our Philosophy
As members of the Michigan District of Lutheran Churches – Missouri Synod, our foundational doctrines include:
- God is Triune: He is One, existing in three persons – God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
- God the Father: Created all things.
- God the Son (Jesus): Is our Savior and Lord.
- God the Holy Spirit: Calls us to faith through the sacrament of Holy Baptism and sustains our faith throughout our lives.
- The Bible: The Old and New Testament Canons are the inspired Word of God.
- Symbolical Books of the Evangelical Lutheran Church – The Book of Concord (1850): These are true and sound expositions of the doctrines of the Bible.
We are convicted that Jesus Christ, who died, was buried, and rose from the grave should be the center of our students’ education. Each student at St. Paul’s learns about how their sin is forgiven by faith in the infinite love God demonstrated through Christ’s death on the cross and secured by his resurrection from the dead. We are part of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Northville, MI.
3) Welcoming to All
Though our school is Christian in identity and Lutheran by confession, we welcome students from all faith backgrounds. We serve students from many denominations, as well as some who do not have a Christian background. We will teach Christ and emphasize Christian values, but belief in Christ is left to the individual student.
4) Small Class Sizes
We are proud to offer small class sizes to help students receive the individual attention they need to excel in their academic pursuits. For Kindergarten, there will not be more than 16 students, and no more than 20 for grades 1-8.
5) Quality of Education
Our teachers are committed to providing the highest quality of education for our students. They are highly trained in multiple disciplines, as well as caring and compassionate Christian leaders. At St. Paul’s your child’s teacher will also be a mentor and a disciple-maker. They will be able to show your students how math, science, history, and language arts relate to their lives beyond the school. As believers first, our faculty are uniquely capable of showing how God and the gospel affect the way they approach those subjects and the world around them.
If you are in the Wayne County and Northville area, we would love to tell you more about what makes our school unique in the area. We would love to answer all of your questions and schedule a tour for you to see our facilities and meet our incredible teachers. If you would like more information about St. Paul Lutheran School, contact us.