Spring Break for Families in Northville, MI
What are you doing for Spring Break in Northville, MI? There is actually a lot to do here in and around Oakland County for families choosing to remain home for a “staycation.” If you have been stuck at home this winter working and learning remotely, winter can be brutal in Michigan, keeping you and your family stuck indoors. St. Paul Lutheran School has gone to great lengths to ensure we can safely operate in-person classes throughout the school year; however, due to social distancing measures taken by businesses and services throughout the region, many are still staying inside more than ever. We want to provide parents and families with tips for how to have an extraordinary Easter Break while exploring the outdoors around Northville.
How Families Can Have a Great Spring Break in Northville
There is a lot to see and do throughout our area. Here are five quick ideas for families In and around Oakland and Wayne counties. You can do one of these options each day or spend the entire week exploring some of them:
- Kent Lake and Island Lake Recreation Area: It is unbelievable this area is so close to Northville. Less than thirty minutes away, this is the perfect place to bring bicycles or plan a hike.
- Maybury State Park: Even closer than Kent Lake, Maybury has miles of cycling and hiking trails as well. In early spring, there is less tree cover and more opportunity to see wildlife.
- Lake Saint Clair Metropark: There is a beautiful playground at Lake Saint Clair Metropark, in addition to walking trails and a pristine beach. Bring a picnic dinner and stay for a fantastic sunset.
- Play Disc Golf: Cass Benton Hills Disc Golf Course is a well-maintained course perfect for amateurs and experts alike. You may want to do this at the beginning of break, in case you want to go back several times.
- Explore Ann Arbor: Known primarily as home to the University of Michigan, there are a surprising number of outdoor and natural recreation opportunities in Ann Arbor. From the arboretum to the greenways along the Huron River, early spring is a great time to enjoy Ann Arbor.
Whatever you do for your spring break staycation in Northville, make sure you and your family celebrate the most important part of Easter – remembering the resurrection of Jesus. At St. Paul Northville School, we are committed to celebrating the hope Jesus’ resurrection brings every day of the year. If you would like to know more about our Christian private school in Northville, please contact us.